There is a reason why I don’t take my *good laptop* outside the country.
- We have turned into a nation of mewling cowards — prepared to sell our freedom for mere “security theater.”
- We pass rules to control the worst possible people committing the worst possible acts, regardless of the actual effectiveness of the rules or their side-effects.
- We have idiots write the rules.
- We hand the idiot-drafted rulebook to flunkies who aren’t qualified to work a frialator.
- We then call the result “security.”
“The Department of Homeland Security now claims the right to seize your laptop ‘absent individualized suspicion’ for as long as it deems ‘reasonable’ whenever you dare cross an international border.” More Fun With Laptop Detention